PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Winter and spring 2015 editions of 'Tech Log' magazine
Old 25th May 2015, 20:19
Rigga

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
In a previous position, in 2009, I needed to write a training presentation for about 50 technical staff who did not fully understand the new MAOS regulations, the technical relationships within the new suite of regulations (including DAOS), the limtations and boundaries of those organisations and also the implications of non-compliance from a Part M organisation.

To my surprise my presentation was really well received and in order to maintain the same new level of understanding (in a 'revolving door' environment) I simplified it further into a similar motor car analogy but using a fleet of Buses to keep a focus on who does what and why. I also included myself (then as Quality Manager) in the company Induction Process in which I gave the presentation to the new boys and also gave them the 'Bus Company Analogy' for further bedtime reading.

Although I didnt publish my version of the motorcar analogy, I think it was widely circulated within the international company and I believe someone in a 'higher' office also took to trying to improve it. I am not sure of the outcome of that improvement.