PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Missing accident report.
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2015, 20:12
BARKINGMAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T 78. Answers from me as follows:

Q1. I have already and they say their bit completed months ago, the report is presumably with the company concerned.

Q2.They are not necessarily published when AAIB have finished. The protocol allows for their findings to be passed for possible comment by the Captain concerned and anyone else who may be affected.

Q3. I have not set any nominal timescale, nor am I inclined to nor do I have such right. However, I note with interest the FULL report on the NIL AIRCRAFT DAMAGE accident to G-OBMM which occurred on 23rd Feb 1995 was sent to Secretary of State for Transport signed on 26th June 1996.

It is also my understanding there are internationally agreed time limits for interim, then update reports of airline serious events/accidents, said limits quoted in connection with the Asian Airbus apparent deep stall into the sea accident last year.

There are sufficient disturbing aspects to the EUOE accident which merit the lessons learned being speedily passed on to the aviation community, so the holdup on this particular event bodes ill for those who are currently sitting on it.

Also I can easily see that if it was one of the lo-co's delaying the final report release, then the vultures would be making much more noise about the (non)issue of the document.