PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Problem checklists
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2015, 11:17
P.Pilcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A number of years ago when CAAFU examiners ruled the roost I was taking my GFT 4 at Oxford. No criticism whatsoever, but being a good professional school their detailed checklists were a little different from what I was used to and as I had been instructing for about 10 years, I had memorised my basic checks. On the second circuit in the Twin Comm with my beringed examiner in the right hand seat, my memory failed me and the Oxford checks went out of the window! "I must do some I thought, or it will be curtains and I will be wasting a test fee".
"Brakes off, undercarriage down...with green light, mixtures rich, fuel on, pumps on, alternate air not required, instruments set...are you strapped in sir?"

The test continued and in the debrief my examiner enquired why I found it necessary to switch the landing lights on at the start of the downwind leg when I flew the first circuit but on none of the others. I explained that it was due to the Oxford check list which I could remember only on the first circuit.

"I see" He said while writing out my pass certificate!

P.P.