PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flaps during transit A320
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2015, 11:02
Uplinker

Received 113 Likes on 69 Posts
It used to be the case that flaps were left at 1+F when ground air temperature was 30 degrees centigrade or more, to avoid a mis-triggering of a wing air leak caution. The caution is surpressed when the flaps/slats are out. Our company still does this, but I've just checked the FCOM which says that wing air bleed leak does not trigger until 124 degrees, so maybe Airbus have changed the parameters?

The F part of 1+F - i.e. the flaps - hang quite low, which is a potential damage hazard to ground servicing vehicles - particularly fuel trucks - who are probably not expecting it, so leaving flaps out on the ramp is not an ideal situation.

Leaving flaps out at a particular setting is a safety hazard for mis-setting take off config too. Many incidents have been documented of crews setting the wrong take off config, because some crews insist on saying things like config 1+F is "standard" which is a recipe for mistakes.

Last edited by Uplinker; 25th May 2015 at 11:03. Reason: You guys beat me to it, since I was checking the FCOM !