PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working in the USA
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2015, 04:33
strikers_1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Working in the USA

Hello everyone,

I'm Canadian and I just finished my CPL with multi-engine and instrument ratings. I would like to work in the USA if possible but I don't really know if I could and how.
I've been searching for an answer for a while now but everybody is telling me different stuff and I didn't find a complete answer on the internet.
I found on the internet that we must get a valid Verification Letter from AFS-760 that has been verified by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) (no idea what is this and how to get it). And then we apply for an FAA certificate or authorization.
Is there any exams or flight tests to do? Minimum flight hours to get? Is there a possible way to obtain the right to work in the USA?
It would be great if someone who has this experience could tell me how did he do it but anybody who could help me get an answer is welcome.

I know some of you might be bothered of those new pilots always asking the same questions but I really searched a lot for the answer and didn't get a clear one. Sorry if it bothers you.

Thank you very much!