PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IRELAND WEST AIRPORT KNOCK
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2015, 19:52
AerRyan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Runway_approach
I think trying to make the eastern airways model work in the west of Ireland be very challenging - they don't do low fares leisure markets tend to focus on high frequency city pairs with big focus on cities with major oil refineries
That's also a reason why we will never see VLM venture out of Waterford. VLM are a high fare (but high quality) airline. Ryanair are very protective of their home soil so they would easily beat them at NOC, SNN, KIR, ORK, or DUB, but they cannot operate out of WAT, so VLM can operate there.

There will be a BHX service back at NOC if the airport want it, but it will be a while. My estimate would be September 2016 operated by Flybe. Flybe will have spare suitable aircraft then and plan on basing a few at BHX.

I don't think the airport has many areas left to grow. They should focus on getting their LPA and Scottish route back and possibly a French route. Oh, also a weekly German/Swiss/Austrian charter for the tourists would be in order. After that the airport is at Max for the next few years.

A U.S service is a long way off, I cannot imagine who would operate one.