PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you know how this can happen?
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2015, 02:00
CurtainTwitcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This isn't a di@k measuring exercise.
Not trying to turn it into one. Having spent a fair bit of my life doing the CG/SMOKA/BLAKA/ELENI scenics, it would appear there is a major problem "The System", not the controllers at the front line. I find a good interplay between pilots & ATC to manage the traffic inside the 250nm ring from BNE. Strategic descents, slowdowns, pattern adjustment negotiations all work very well, however why do we have to go at warp speed as "know knows", some for 15+ hours until we hit the 250nm brick wall? I think that was haughtney1's point.

In you KLAX example again, what is the movement rate inside the LA basin itself? There are many fields in very complex busy airspace: LAX, Burbank, Orange County, Van Nuys, Long Beach - that covers just the major ones, all with jets. Again, not a valid comparison with any Australian field in terms of airspace & traffic density.

"The System", not the controllers is the problem, and it could be fixed with more money, however there has to be sufficient will to make that happen.