PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining Experience
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2015, 21:24
compsurge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gaining Experience

Hi,

This is my first post on here and i was wondering if any of you guys can help. I'm not in a bad position at the moment as I am a British expatriate currently working in the middle east as mechanic on military transport aircraft. I have most of the qualifications that you get with a modern apprenticeship, but i don't have the NVQ 3 in Aircraft maintenance.

I'm slightly worried about returning to the UK to find work with out this. I've inquired about doing the qualification out here, but due to the sensitivity/distance of my place of work. It will not be possible to send out an NVQ assessor.

My question is, would there be another way to attain this qualification besides enrolling onto an apprenticeship when I return home? I realise that the hardest thing will be getting my foot in the door. I would be more than willing to volunteer my services if it came to it, but i am unable to find such a scheme.

I have roughly 6 years of aircraft experience, so i really don't want to consider another career path.