PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let's stand up AGAINST P2F. Sign the petition.
Old 23rd May 2015, 20:12
theiceman747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK so, P40, Aeromar27 and the other fully-against it. I have a few words for you.

Folks, I agree with you p2f is no the way, it shouldn't be like this and it's not logic but it started long ago and the trend has been set: The first ones were the ones who got their TR's fully paid and then run after some hours to other places, that was the start. Airlines are not stupid. It's a business organization. From that point, the TR has to be paid by the candidate, and it got worst....

While I agree it shouldn't be this way and p2f is no the correct way, I also think about p2f as an alternative way to get there. Listen folks: you complain about money, do other jobs, etc. First of all not everybody has the same situation (from rich pals to the ones who got a bank-loan to pay training), and you forget something important: Not everybody is a 22yr old guy who has plenty of time to work as Cabin, Ramp, FI, whatever. I know plenty of people in their 30's who in a hurry (they started late) so they now don't have the time to be 3 years a Cabin or whatever. FI? it used to work in the past and it was a "bridge" to airlines, but that was the past and it doesn't exist anymore and being a FI is so much difficult nowadays.

Example? Spain. with +300 days/year of sun, a lot of ATO's. and it's full of Spanish FI's making queque ready to get SEP time for miserable wage. There's a problem, for sure. Also what I told you about the age, when you start late and time passes quickly, you are in a hurry and not everybody has the time and effort to be Cabin for 3 yrs "hoping" for an upgrade. Again, there's a problem.

But is the problem some people pay for flying or it's because the "pilot training machine" is set all over europe (and world)?? why you dont' complain about the ******* CPL sellers all over europe? maybe that's the problem don't you think? There's a school on every corner selling FATPL so hundreds do this: buy,finish and get unemployed (and complain, of course). It's so simple: there's too much of us because training capacity doubles (at least) the jobs available. In India they know a lot about that.

Don't you still get it? OK, if i tell you about SUPPLY AND DEMAND do you understand that? There's lot of pilots and not enough jobs, so the managment makes profit about that because when supply exceeds demand the game is on the "demander" side, and we are on the "supply" side sadly.

So, We are a lot hoping for a job, we don't comply with requirments they set. What they (managment, HR) do? Set the bar to "500 hours on type and line-checked", so they make profit of this: the candidate is Line trained, line checked, and is ready to fly the line with just an OCC.

If we were not so much, the airlines would be desperate and would return to the practices of 70's , 80's (long gone,no comeback) where being a pilot was rare and they struggled to recruit new crews, but sadly we don't live in that era. Wake up.