PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Travel Air PNG
Thread: Travel Air PNG
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2015, 09:13
Joe_Public

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As someone not involved in aviation (other than as a passenger ...) I'm just interested in what's happening with Travel Air, much in the same way I was interested in what was happening with Schapelle Corby when she was still the blue-eyed girl next door being unjustly accused of /sentenced for bringing drugs into Indonesia.

There was a lot in the Aussie papers a couple of years ago about Mr Wartoto having his Australian work visa terminated, going back to PNG and (I think) being arrested. I thought all sorts of dire things would happen to the airline if the misappropriation of money to start it was true.

Being semi-retired and occasionally spending time on things I wouldn't if I was busier, I was wondering what did happen - it never made it to the papers here, or I missed it - and so I did a Google search that showed the airline started flights to "Alotau" late last year and that Mr Wartoto was on the first flight in his capacity of company owner and Chairman.

So everything is okay and Travel Air hasn't ended up in trouble with the Government? Was that because the money that was supposed to have been misappropriated actually wasn't after all? ... and I assume no new posts on this thread since April last year means there has been nothing interesting happening to comment on?

Any replies to this, thanks for your time.

Joe.