PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Radar Coverage at Ballina
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2015, 08:49
triadic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leady.... I too was in the middle of it.... flying IFR in E every day. Just keep your eyes open when in VMC in class E...

I find it hard to believe that an earlier poster (ACMS) says he had never heard of the "J Curve"....! Shows perhaps that the lack of any corporate history of what has gone on in the past has been or is in the process of being lost (?). I think the term is at least 20-25yrs old.

Leady said:
This same pilot did a study tour of US, saw the whole system working, but when he returned to Australia, his words were to the effect : "It will never work in Australia, Australian pilots could not cope" --- as far as I am concerned, his remarks were an insult to every Australian pilot.
The problem with just about everything in aviation in Australia today is that we do not address the culture issues. The above quote certainly does not even consider culture!

As a result there is always resistance to change and the required education is almost always much less than that required. CASA never ever address the entrenched culture within the industry or try and sell in a practical way the changes that they think the industry needs.

Acknowledge and address the very entrenched culture in this country and we might have some chance of progressing change.