PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2015, 06:10
koubri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Feather44
I had the sim last week and now waiting for the medical result.
What jrmyl is correct. I would just had a few points if that can help.

5 whenever we order the PM to set a speed. The call is “Set speed Vref+60 195 kt” or “Set speed 195 Kt”? I order "Set speed 195"
They want you to call the exact speed "set speed 195", that's what they said during the orientation.

6 When overhead the VOR:
PF VOR: VOR station shall be memorized in MAN Mode,
Select inbound course and then return to AUTO mode.

PM VOR: VOR station to be used in MAN mode and set inbound course and leave it in AUTO Mode.

What does it means exactly? How do you select a particular mode and how do you switch to another mode? On the glareshield you will see the VOR frequency and Course. In between those two things is a push button. That is how you select manual or auto mode.
I think they want you to do it "just before" being overhead. They'll review that with you during the orientation and will explain how that works. But basically when you do your set up, tune your VOR frequency in MAN and then push again the button that jmryl mentioned to get it back to AUTO. Then when approaching VOR just make sure your PM has his one in MAN.

7 When setting a Navaid frequency should I do the complete TITS? (tune, identify,test, set) Not sure on this one.
I didn't do it but maybe that can be a good idea. I just called for "check weather, set for ILS 17" and let him do the thing. The PM was amzingly quick in doing the set up. That's maybe because already on the ground he had already set up the CDU for the next approach. Anyway he will tune the frequency and course, and set up the approach in the CDU, so once he is done (and he will be done in less than 2 secs) you just have to handover controls, set your bugs and do the briefing.
And they want really short briefings.

8 Descent Checklist: “Recall…. checked” Where and what are we supposed to check? You will order "Check recall" or some other type of command. I can't remember what they are wanting to use now as they recently changed it. The PM will push the recall button next to the Upper EICAS and read out any messages that appear. If they are appropriate for the flight condition, then "Cancel Messages"
I kept it easy on that one. When the item "recall" on the check-list came i just called "checked" and so did the PM. I didn't do any action.
My PM was reading the checklist very fast.

I am not rated on B767 so my knowledge of how to operate the aircraft is very very basic. Be aware that everything goes extremely fast in the sim (at least that was my impression). Once back on the ground you have less than a second to take a deep breath and then the show starts again.

Hope that helps a bit.
Good luck