PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IRELAND WEST AIRPORT KNOCK
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2015, 23:13
Runway_approach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AerRyan
Fairly hypocritical. You said its good to see the BHX pax have not gone elsewhere and are using EMA, yet your saying that they won't fly to BHX on a turboprob for €100-150 return.(Incorrect fares from €80 return are available compared to fares from €20 to EMA.)

I can see a lot of the old NOC BHX pax going to Shannon, and I also suspect Knock won't have a BHX service for the coming years. EI regional have no interest and Flybe don't have any extra capacity until late 2016!
Let's see how long the €80 fares last with EI Regional - not long is my guess - by elsewhere I mean other airports ie Dublin which can easily happen when you have gap in service - can you genuinely see people West of Galway going to Shannon when knock has a 5/6 week service to EMA?? you may eat those words saying knock won't get a BHX service in coming years - you should know things can change very quickly in the aviation world but then again opinions are opinions I for one think they will hopefully have it back next year - for the record Flybe have available capacity out of BHX and can see their current route strategy changing in coming year to 18 months and who knows what an AIG takeover could do for EI Regionsl ie fleet expansion - interesting times ahead !!!