PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2015, 23:11
jrmyl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am going to assume that you are unfamiliar with an autothrottle equipped aircraft based on your questions. I will try to answer as best I can but I hope others might chime in who have completed the screening recently as it has been 5 1/2 years since I did it.

1 During the T/O, where do you bring the thrust lever after having pushed the N1 p/b on the MCP? You will manually bring the thrust levers to 70% while holding the brakes and when the engines are stable you push N1. When you push N1, the thrust levers will automatically advance to the t/o thrust setting.

I had a glanceat the “Cockpit Overview” but I don’t see any detent or position markings. There are none.

2 Same style. How to set MCT for the V1 Cut scenario? During the V1 cut, you will call for MCT after 1500' or ALT CAP, whichever occurs first. Make the call, "set MCT" and the PM will push the correct button.

3 With AP& A/T OFF but both FD’s ON

Assuming a level flight; if I select a speed on the MCP and adjust the TL to obtain that speed; does the FD will provide pitch guidance to maintain altitude? When you are manually flying you will command the PM to set the speed you desire. You will then manually adjust the thrust to maintain that and adjust your pitch to the FD pitch. That will maintain your altitude.

4 I read somewhere in the thread that during eng failure the PF should ask PM to trim the rudder.

What is the standard Call out? Should we ask for a specific unit? “Trim rudder right to 10!” (If yes, what would be the unit for a T/O weight of 280 000 lbs) or “Trim rudder right until I say stop!” I have heard it as "Set trim (right/left) 5 units." 5 units is a pretty safe area to set it. On the approach after reducing thrust on GS you will need to readjust to less trim.

5 whenever we order the PM to set a speed. The call is “Set speed Vref+60 195 kt” or “Set speed 195 Kt”? I order "Set speed 195"

6 When overhead the VOR:
PF VOR: VOR station shall be memorized in MAN Mode,
Select inbound course and then return to AUTO mode.

PM VOR: VOR station to be used in MAN mode and set inbound course and leave it in AUTO Mode.

What does it means exactly? How do you select a particular mode and how do you switch to another mode? On the glareshield you will see the VOR frequency and Course. In between those two things is a push button. That is how you select manual or auto mode.

7 When setting a Navaid frequency should I do the complete TITS? (tune, identify,test, set) Not sure on this one.

8 Descent Checklist: “Recall…. checked” Where and what are we supposed to check? You will order "Check recall" or some other type of command. I can't remember what they are wanting to use now as they recently changed it. The PM will push the recall button next to the Upper EICAS and read out any messages that appear. If they are appropriate for the flight condition, then "Cancel Messages"

Finally, I swallow my pride & ego, but I would like to practice a little bit before the BIG DAY... !!!!! Do you know a Sim Center in Tokyo where to do that? (preferably out of the view of Air Japan team)I don't know of any in Japan but there are some in the US.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.