PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IRELAND WEST AIRPORT KNOCK
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2015, 18:41
AerRyan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Runway_approach
I don't see the BHX having any impact whatsoever on the EMA if anything the opposite why would someone in the likes of Galway as an example fly to BHX on a turboprop at an average fare of between €100 to €150 return when you can fly on a jet to EMA for €9.99 one way? Unless you want to go direct to the city of Birmingham whic naturally there will be a certain element - agree though challenge at minute is lack of carriers and capacity but these things can change quickly and when they do expect NOC to get their BHX back
Notice their EMA service has picked up dramatically good to see they haven't gone elsewhere !!!
Fairly hypocritical. You said its good to see the BHX pax have not gone elsewhere and are using EMA, yet your saying that they won't fly to BHX on a turboprob for €100-150 return.(Incorrect fares from €80 return are available compared to fares from €20 to EMA.)

I can see a lot of the old NOC BHX pax going to Shannon, and I also suspect Knock won't have a BHX service for the coming years. EI regional have no interest and Flybe don't have any extra capacity until late 2016!