PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2015, 15:03
Feather44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hy everyone,

I have a bunch of questions about the sim; any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 During the T/O, where do you bring the thrust lever after having pushed the N1 p/b on the MCP?

I had a glanceat the “Cockpit Overview” but I don’t see any detent or position markings.

2 Same style. How to set MCT for the V1 Cut scenario?

3 With AP& A/T OFF but both FD’s ON

Assuming a level flight; if I select a speed on the MCP and adjust the TL to obtain that speed; does the FD will provide pitch guidance to maintain altitude?

4 I read somewhere in the thread that during eng failure the PF should ask PM to trim the rudder.

What is the standard Call out? Should we ask for a specific unit? “Trim rudder right to 10!” (If yes, what would be the unit for a T/O weight of 280 000 lbs) or “Trim rudder right until I say stop!

5 whenever we order the PM to set a speed. The call is “Set speed Vref+60 195 kt” or “Set speed 195 Kt”?

6 When overhead the VOR:
PF VOR: VOR station shall be memorized in MAN Mode,
Select inbound course and then return to AUTO mode.

PM VOR: VOR station to be used in MAN mode and set inbound course and leave it in AUTO Mode.

What does it means exactly? How do you select a particular mode and how do you switch to another mode?

7 When setting a Navaid frequency should I do the complete TITS? (tune, identify,test, set)

8 Descent Checklist: “Recall…. checked” Where and what are we supposed to check?

Finally, I swallow my pride & ego, but I would like to practice a little bit before the BIG DAY... !!!!! Do you know a Sim Center in Tokyo where to do that? (preferably out of the view of Air Japan team)

Thanks in advance to the good souls…
Cheers

Last edited by Feather44; 22nd May 2015 at 16:42.