PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines - THY Recruitment (Merged)
Old 22nd May 2015, 14:57
CopBoni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Guys, I went to the assessment in the beginning of May.
Some important point that I have seen there.

1- True, thats alot of traffic. It tooks 1:30h from Hotel to Turkish Training Center everyday.
2- They dont pay for your shuttle. Its $20 Lyra to go and $20 more to come back to the hotel. If you go until the last day, I will spend $200 Lyra only with transportation.
3- Have to pay for your "feeding"
4- Hope you stay at Ibis Hotel, because Akgun Hotel it's far from be 2 stars (but it says its 5 stars).
5- Inside Turkish facility building ,any building, there was no signs in english only in their language.
6- They dont give upgrade on their flights for candidates.

Ok, lets go for this assessment.

First Day:
Around 9am we had the English exam, pretty simple. Dont need to be worried. You have to speak with a computer, no big deal.

Around 12pm, was group assessment. Just be relax, be yourself. Dont talk to much and dont be too quiet.

Seconde Day:
Documentation day, seems easy, but many fellas failed on this day.
Turkish people want translated documents (from your language to english), they love stamp in everything.
Those who did not had "Recomendation letter" or did not had Translated Documents has failed too, just because of that.

in the afternoon, around 5pm local time, you will receive an email if you passed on the process or if you failed.

Third Day:
Simulator. No big deal.
Visual Pattern, A/THR off, Bird ON.
Engine Failure after V1, ECAM actions completed, request vectors for ILS , Go Around Single Engine, New Vectors, full landing.

They want to see CRM, Manual Flight, Decision Making... and be stabilized by 1000 ft AGL.

Fourth Day:
Interview..... but for me was a Problem day !

Now there was only 10, on the first day we were 30.

Everybody waiting in the room, Captain Boris was nice to everyone.
Each one is called for the interview with Capt. Boris and came back smiling.
When they called me, they took me to a different room and Capt Boris was not there, only two HR attendants.
Asked how was my simulator, said it was good.
After that one said to me:
"Ok, we have to stop your process because you have failed on the group assessment day and was not supposed to be here."
WTF ???
I asked "What? Its impossible, Received email every day with 'sucess news' and to return on the other day. Spent money and time to be here to hear that from you?"
She said that was a mistake, said sorry and that I was out of process and there was nothing to do.
Happened to more 3 people !!! DAMN !
Its so amateur to treat people like this.

A friend went to the assessment one week after me, and happened the same with him and his Capt.

Can not understand why Turkish Airlines treat candidates this way, ridiculous.

If you are looking for carreer,from First Officer.. forget. Take the job, and look for a better one. They say they upgrade to wide and left seat, but no expat have been promoted on the last 4 years.

Well, good lucky everyone.