PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2015, 14:23
Gaza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easyJet using Titan A320 this summer at EDI

A few weeks ago while booking my regular EDI-STN-EDI flights an obscure 18:00 STN-EDI was showing on the booking system. It only seemed to be operating on 21st May. As it is far better than the normal 16:10 or 21:40 STN-EDI flights I booked it.

On Wednesday I received an email saying my flight was being operated by a 186 seat Titan A320. Having looked at the EZY flight tracker it appeared to only be operating STN-EDI with no obvious return flight or another follow-on.

At the gate I could see that it was fully booked with at least 3 pax on standby. Normally STN-EDI is a A319 so the far more sociable flight time must have proved attractive.

The aircraft is Titan liveried but the crew were wearing what looked like a hybrid Titan/EasyJet uniform with easyJet name badges. Even the LCD display for the cabin crew was easyJet branded. The seats are all leather and seemed more comfortable than easyJets. I was in row 1 and got chatting to the CC. They said the flight was a positioning flight to EDI as the aircraft was to be based at EDI for the summer. Whether this means an A319 has gone elsewhere on the network or EZY are adding an additional aircraft to minimise any delays is unknown.