PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LONDON CITY - 2
Thread: LONDON CITY - 2
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2015, 11:11
WHBM

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts
I did notice a surprisingly large concrete patch in the runway structure at that point on taxying out.

Meanwhile, back in the terminal in the morning rush (but not the hugest rush I have seen there), there was a contrast in the retail units. In the front of the departure lounge there is a Nero coffee counter, about the only catering concession, and next to it a jewellery store. The jewellery store appears to have a larger floorspace than the coffee place, notwithstanding which, as I have noticed previously, it was (of course) doing absolutely zero business. The huge queue for the coffee counter stretched right past it and round the corner, while the staff worked as best they could in their little constrained space, which can't be expanded as long as the jewellery store is there. It would have been pleasant to have got something there but I just would not have got served in time.

Ok Mr Business Traveller at LCY, when you go in there to wait for your 8 am flight, what were you really looking for before the flight goes - a cup of coffee and a pastry - or a diamond necklace ?