PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you know how this can happen?
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2015, 10:38
haughtney1

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I don't think Haughney's having a go at the system so much as the unrealistic expectation of the ATC.
Puddle, exactly...perhaps my hyperbole was a bit much for some.

There is nothing like travelling full speed into the hold in London/Dubai/Hong Kong. Or getting vectored all over the sky without knowing where you are going to end up, except finally on a runway, like Singapore/JFK.
Rat, you are misrepresenting the concept of an EAT, or haven't been to London or DXB recently (The UK in particular is superb at providing track miles and EATs, and DXB will happily let you slow down if you ask). I'm glad you feel the Oz system is as you prefer it, for me getting thumped with a 10 minute delay 200nm from dest is nothing short of a scandal, particularly now given the comments previously made by others.
As I've said, I've got NO issue with delays, but give me some notice for fecks sake...unless its an emergency, delays are known quantities as the nature of the planning process to provide a delay actually ensures and plans for this. I cant believe it can be that hard to pass on the impending delay to an airborne inbound aircraft in a timely manner, after all don't most approach and enroute controllers talk to each other across the room or on the phone?
Or have I missed something?