PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2015, 09:18
JohnnieDee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Non British candidates

Hi Jamba, I'm Portuguese and made it through. Congratulations to my fellow applicants, by the way! I'm sorry for those who didn't make it, in special some of you who post frequently on this thread and demonstrate an enormous desire to get into BA, as well as a great personality. I'm sure you will make it eventually.

Some of you must probably recognise me from the assessments, I'm with FTE. I was at Lampton Park on the March 30th and at Waterside on the April 30th and May 13th. Feel free to PM me. Regarding non British applicants, there were 3 present on my first assessment day (French and German), I haven't heard any news from them since, I don't know what happened.

Be sure to brush up your English skills as much as possible though, you definitely need to be fluent. I wouldn't say they expect your spoken English to be absolutely perfect, mine isn't, but you should be able to hold a conversation without major mistakes and clearly understand what you're being told or asked. That said, it wouldn't hurt to get an Aviation English Certificate, it's what I did. With it you can at least measure your skills in some way (and you'll need it later on it you're accepted). Good luck and definitely apply, if you feel it's something you're willing to put (lots of) effort into.