PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Pay Review
Thread: EK Pay Review
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2015, 07:40
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LAKER

That could well be true, another could be purely financial. Even backdated, with almost 4000 pilots taking an average salary of 40,000 per month, one months delay is quite a saving for an Indian accountant. I'm not being racist, I'm dealing with cultural facts and experience. Why do we have so many? Because they're bloody good at their job, that's why. Let's assume a measly rise of 3% on that figure by 1200, now x 4000 = 4,800,000 million dhs. Cabin crew were also delayed last year. 20,000 crew, add in rise of 150dhs (if they're lucky) a month, that's another 3,000,000. Now the engineers and you can easily have 10,000,000dhs. Ground staff........and so on. An organisation like Emirates could easily achieve a 5% return on investment. Keeping that saving in it's own vaults for even a month will earn it a conservative 500,000dhs in interest alone. That covers a new F/O in salary and perks for a year.

Remember, this is the Company where you have to pay the cashier before you order your food in training college. We can be trusted with a billion dollars worth of life and material but not for 19dhs worth of rubber chicken in curry sauce. Nice subtle message to the brand new red shirts on day one eh! I Actually find that insulting. So, would I put it past them that the constant search for every dirham of profit at the expense of welfare and morale is a possible reason for the delay?

I'll let those of you employed by this Company be the judge of that.

Harry