PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Pay Review
Thread: EK Pay Review
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2015, 07:05
Basic Service

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do it?

Ok, so I already know the answer.......BUT WHY DO IT???

I can live with a company trying to maximise their bottom line etc, but what is being gained by not saying anything about the pay review? I've tried to think of something but keep coming up with nowt....

Last year we went through the same circus act with TCAS sending an email at the 11th hour to say ( hold nose whilst reading aloud ), "We are still working on it and will let you know as soon as we can".

To my simple mind this is farcical. Lets not pretend that they don't already know what's going to be offered. This is an intentional delay in disseminating information for some yet to be discovered reason. The result is that the entire company is frustrated and angry, not at the probable minuscule rise, but at the sheer lack of respect in communicating their intentions. There must be some phycological mind game trick that benefits them ( that I'm missing), but it seems that all that is gained is pissing us all off??

I know it will be back dated etc and I'm fine with that, but its so unnecessary and damaging to the already poor moral of the troops. I'm shaking my head here, Why do it?