PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2015, 19:17
LNIDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jet2-738

Not sure why anything smaller than a 757 is unsuitable for New York the 757 it's a narrow body after all 3/3 seating so what the difference ? Boeing claim the 737-800MAX will do UK to JFK direct, agreed the current NG isn't suitable, ultimately its all about leg room.

Norwegian certainly plan to do LGW/BHX/MAN/EDI direct to the USA in 2017 with the MAX, it should also be remembered that the current production 738NG are significantly more fuel efficient than early build 800's

After all from a punters point of view whats the difference between Northern Europe to LPA/TFS than LGW/JFK is all about leg room, the worst flight i ever did (as a PAX) was MAN -BJL on a 757 i couldn't walk for 3 hours, it was a joke, the charter spec 757 is one of the worst aircraft ever for leg room. Great aircraft but not in 225+ spec

this from an online forum
Submitted by SeatGuru User on 2015/01/05 for Seat 15B
This is the worst flight I've ever been on (I fly about a dozen times a year). I wish I had taken I ruler with me because I would question whether this plane's seating meets airline regulation standards of a minimum of 28" seat pitch. My leg length is 24" from the back of the seat to knee (I'm 5'11") and I was wedged in. It was claustrophobic, deeply uncomfortable and I'd go as far to say distressing (never had any issues flying before). Never want to fly Thomas Cook again.