PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - Current Pay Scale and UK Basing Options
Old 21st May 2015, 16:47
Mr Boombastick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lots of lads returning to FR from NAS, it seems at least in FR you know where you stand. Think a lot of lads pretty peed off at being forced to take several months leave this winter.
NAS seem much quieter this year, they were everywhere last year but don't seem to be seeing many around, especially in places they were prolific last year - AGP, Canaries etc.

Net pay is very subjective as it depends massively on expenses, also the strength of the euro - I'm based in UK and paid in euro, I've lost over £5 an hour over the last year due to the Euro / £.

I don't think you can expect to join the company as a DE FO and get a UK base straight away. They're supposed to be implementing a transparent base transfer system with some kind of seniority / waiting list, there's a lot of lads still stuck down in The arse end of Europe waiting to get back to the UK, but you never know you may get lucky.
If you're returning I wouldn't be surprised for them to say you can have a job but expect to be stuck in a dump for a while.
Not too much bother if you're hoping to do the command. You'll need a winter and a couple of checks so I'd say plan on a year.

Is the desert really that bad?! I'm hearing of lots of lads wanting to come back to fr, as someone who's considering the move myself it's really got me thinking... PM me if you want figures.

Good luck. Cheers