PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Colibri's Stunted Development???
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2015, 16:02
SeaMac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I am aware of this.

I think both are very well thought out designs and quite honestly the only ships I have any real interest in. It is my hope to obtain my ab initio training in the G2 then move up to the H120. I'll likely start out as an instructor but have been reaching out to Ag operators who are in the fledgling but growing industry of cattle herding here in the US. They seem to be using the R22 for herding and either the Bell 47 or Squirrel for spraying and fire suppression. Interestingly those I have spoken with are keenly interested in the G2 and agree the Colibri would make an excellent spray ship if it had a bit more power, useful load and hot/high abilities as well the STC's for equipment which at present it has none of the above.

It's unlikely the US will ever be at the level of Australia when it comes to using helicopters for cattle ranching but it's not like we don't do cattle in the US and that is a HUGE potential market for Guimbal. If AH were to fully develop the 120 they too might be able capitalize on the ever increasing use of rotorcraft for aerial spraying.