PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you know how this can happen?
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2015, 07:30
Adamastor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slight drift but since it's been repeatedly brought up I find it interesting that the idea that GDPs should mean every flight gets zero delay on every flight still pervades the pilot community. The official target is that there will be a 60:40 split between ground holding assigned by the GDPs and airborne holding, not 100:0 as most people seem to think. The realists understand that flights do not operate precisely to schedule - never have, never will - and that introduces delays. If we really could operate to the minute, every operator, every flight, every day, then perhaps zero delay might actually be viable, but until that cold day in hell...... I'm with Cap'n Bloggs - I've seen huge reductions in airborne holding. As a further aside, ALL ground holding delay is absorbed by domestic operators only, internationals only get airborne holding, and since they get the same amount as domestics, i.e. only the 40%, they probably shouldn't be whinging too much about their lot - they already benefit from SIGNIFICANT preferential treatment!