PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Pay Review
Thread: EK Pay Review
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2015, 06:55
ByeByeDubai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Russia? Stalin? Ghandi? Self Preservation?

My! We are a collection of shadow jumping meerkats.

Let me get this right. You write polite, well constructed, factual letter/email on an issue, with no histrionics or accusations and you fear dismissal, midnight visits, gulags or execution?

I guess that answers two questions. Many frequent posters have obviously never written as either they would not be here or they would - because none of their fears transpired.

When the company changed the staff travel arrangements and thousands wrote in, were they all sent packing or did it change? When they introduced a cap on utilities in company accommodation and many wrote in what happened? It quietly died. These are not the only examples.

I have written in a number of times and made my point. Normally nothing happens except a polite reply that it will be looked into. It seldom is followed up. Occasionally if it part of a bigger group that has written, change occurs in some form. I know a few others who have done the same. I haven’t yet heard of any case of cruel prosecution. The problem is a few are easy to ignore. So generally they do.

There are many who moan on this forum, in the flight deck and around the bar. Few act. Hence pilots are where they are, and it will only get worse.

Rationalise is however you want, but take a hard look at yourselves.