PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight - Should airline pilots have more/better/different upset recovery training?
Old 21st May 2015, 02:38
Naali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For a bit of lightness for this issue. My first spin was with our Course Main Instructor,-or however anyone would like to call him,he did not care. In first lesson with climbing to 5 thousand feet with very lax and tired Cessna, He had told me almost all he had,making maths and curves to the frozen window as we climbed,with his finger. so with Him,i had no time to think anything else than just to observe what is happening. He -hahaa talked me over from all my fears. "see,you can stop the spin in any direction you want to,it,s only about timing" -This flies,whenever few basic things are taken into account. It will not fly,if You try to extend it,s boundaries beyond it,s abilities. So be wary of thinking," i know." So i am very much an advocate for training of just unusual situations,first visual,and then really mixing You with differing indications with the plane You fly. Accidents do not happen with normal operations,so some extremes may be better tried with sims. ps.Accidents are those,where no one had the idea that this could happen.

Last edited by Naali; 21st May 2015 at 02:53.