PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight - Should airline pilots have more/better/different upset recovery training?
Old 21st May 2015, 01:16
Naali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading more,bburks gives also much to to think about. Thanks,both of You. We had aerobatics,about six hours at basic,and then some more at the next course. And getting to basics,it was one of the most important training in my career. Though the nausea at first,i learned a kind of like,being it alone, trying this and that. So with many different mishandlings it gave me some confidence of understanding how a wing behaves. I would suggest that training to anyone who wants to fly. But for sure,pro,s who fly a supercritical wing these days,are sometimes , not even aware of how it behaves at the altitude. If You stall it there,you may never get the airflow back. so it will inevitably be pancaking till You hit something. That,s why i still like hydraulics more than elec,tricks. They give me at least some back-ups because we know they are vulnerable to saying goodbye. Electrics at any control,-be it wing icing or any state of the airplane,are not really giving the info what You can understand. Just data of different sources. Maybe an imaginary Person could handle all that. Airplanes should not be designed for those who build and sell them.

Last edited by Naali; 21st May 2015 at 01:22. Reason: add,ons.