PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2015, 17:42
funkyt111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello folks,

It still hasn't sank in. Currently enjoying a glass of champagne with my fiance. I honestly could not be happier. Has anyone ever seen the film pursuit of happiness? If not, I suggest you watch it. That's how I feel right now.

To the folks that weren't successful this year. Don't give up on your dream. You'll get there. I applied to BA initially in 2012 and although I made it through to the final stage. I was unsuccessful. I then applied again in 2013, again I was unsuccessful. I applied to Aer Lingus and reached final stages and was unsuccessful. I applied to Virgin, guess what? Unsuccessful. This is my 5th of attempt. Make of this what you will...

PPrune users, Naturals & GF0RC3 last year demonstrated exactly how hard they had worked to earn their place on the Future Pilot Programme. Read GF0RC3 blog Full Speedbird Ahead | My journey through the British Airways Future Pilot Programme. Read Naturals post on page 108 of this thread.

It is all about preparation. I started preparing 1 year ago when I received the rejection email from BA. Firstly, as verbal reasoning was one of my weakest areas and part of the reason why I failed in 2014, I challenged myself to reading The Times newspaper on a daily basis, New Scientist Magazine and National Geographic magazine on weekly basis all just to improve my verbal reasoning ability (this post isn't the best example that my verbal ability has improved). I passed this year and surprisingly found the test quite straight forward. I have two A4 notepads filled with notes about British Airways and examples from my life where I have demonstrated the qualities that BA were looking for. I have been practicing interview questions for the past 6 months even before I knew the FPP was going to open. I even had interview training with Airline Prep and Aviation Shake, two companies I highly recommend. There are lots of other things I did to prepare but the truth is this is the level of preparation I needed to do to be successful.

So, don't give up. If you want this bad enough and your willing to work for it then I can almost guarantee that you will get there. For the people that are on their third attempt, there are other schemes out there so keep on going and DO NOT look back.

If anyone wants any help or advice for assessments in the future then please don't hesitate to message me. I'm happy to help because I for one no exactly how much this means and I thank everyone who has helped me so far in achieving this dream - Naturals, GF0RC3, MaydayMaydayMayday,TheTravellingLemon, Coriolis Effect, Fulltanks to name a few. I can't thank you enough.

Anyway, now I'm off to finish off the champagne!

Best of luck for the future folks