PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Importance of a good Landing
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2015, 16:56
cosmo kramer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TyroPicard: I agree with both your posts. What you say is, in my experience, industry standard. In typical PPRuNe fashion we will always have posters who " know the true way"!!
Running out of arguments and becoming personal in indeed the "typical PPRuNe fashion". God forbid you would learn anything.

Cosmo has yet to explain just how he knows how close he can get to a tail scrape on takeoff using his peripheral vision.
33 cm. I provided the figure a few posts ago. We do flaps 1 takeoffs at MTOM regularly due to long tankering sectors. It easy to judge a rate by looking outside.
Just like flare, you judge the closure rate with the ground visually. Try doing that PFD only next time you are in the sim.
Despite quoting Airbus FTM then saying he has never flown one
I quoted airbus because they write explicitly that rotation is a visual and conventional manoeuvre.
Boeing doesn't write it explicitly, probably because it's a conventional aircraft and they didn't see the need to do so.
I mentioned the reason for the airbus quote in a previous post too.
he goes on to assume that cockpit cutoff angles are the same on all types as on his current type ( 738? )
That was a reply to RAT5, who is also on 738 (as far as I can tell).
I doubt though, that the variance will be that great with other aircraft types (need to be able to see way over the nose during CAT3 approaches and flares). As mentioned as well, you can see "around the nose" with you peripheral vision.