PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SHANNON
Thread: SHANNON
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2015, 07:52
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AerRyan,

In relation to your comments;

1. I think you can make that just Ryanair, I think them alone are deterrent for new entrants into the Irish market. Examples; easyJet, Wizz, and to some extent Eir.

2. I actually think higher fees at Cork could be the right approach, ie not giving sweet heart deals may deliver a more sustainable business. Attracting the Prague route is an example and retention of Aer Lingus Regional ( unlike the Shannon base), is likely as a result of not giving FR the deal they want. The Airport at Cork prob collecting s collecting a more sustainable rate from fr and fr will pay this to keep EI in check.

3. Lack of awareness? How do you claim this? The frequency is low on most routes, and the timings mag not suit potential customers... Equally as somebody else has said DUB is easily accessible from Cork and that coupled with high frequency choice of destinations make dub attractive option.

4. I'd agree about the number of airports, many are not sustainable though those of scale like NOC in my view adds significantly to the Region.. The smaller ones are nice to have, but CFN, WAT, KIR are hardly sustainable and unlikely to grow to a scale that will secure their long term... Ldy in my view top of the list for wasting tax payers money. But political interest will likely give it a lifeline for some time to come...