PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFPS admin staff go on strike.
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2015, 06:43
Whenurhappy

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
I've already mentioned the SFA (MQ) billing problems, Courtney (SEE 'CHECK YOUR PaY STATEMENTS'). I just picked up my April payslip and it extended over 6 pages of meaningless entries - 98 p there, £1.48 there - and still it's not right. I am still being billed for 'Overseas Fuel and Light' in spite of having left that quarter almost 2 years ago and now live fee free in a Residence. I have also incurred a 'Net Public Debt' of nearly £200, and no one knows what this is for!

There just seems to be no accountability of these outsourced companies. Following AL R advice, I've contacted the outsourcer and I received one holding reply - their response time is another 28 days. I've tried to track down the Senior Responsible Officer (SRO) for the contract and I was directed to a very junior member of staff at Abbey Wood. ACDS Pers will be the next port of call; I'm prepared to get quite shouty about this - my April pay packet was down £1000.

I have no confidence that I am being correctly paid (patently I am not) but I pity the poor airman/soldier/sailor on det who can't see their pay statements and their poor partners having to work out why there's no money in the account by mid month.