PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Sales.
Thread: Airport Sales.
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2003, 08:17
engine out

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Good to see that somebody else (and I know there are numerous others) standing up to be counted and tell the government and councils to leave our airfield alone. All GA airfileds seem under threat at the moment, mainly due to councils wanting fast cash by covering beautiful runways with houses. I don't know what the current situation is at Hoxton Park but I guess little differen't than it has been in the past. Bacchus Marsh is under threat from houses encroaching the airfield even though it is a long distance from the town. Shellharbour council seem determined to see Wollongong Airport carved up and sold off, or at least to limit the aviation conducted out of it for future redevelopment. Point Cook looks doomed in the long run and Essendon will always be fighting off the developers.

It is bad enough the cost of aircraft hire keeps increasing due to costs of fuel, parts, insurance etc but soon that won't be the problem its going to be the three hour drive to find an airport to fly at only to find the council will not re-new the flying schools lease for a building it probably made them build, all whilst the opposition operator has risen fuel prices so high to hinder the operation and council is charging $10 for a touch and go. Anything start to sound familiar towhere you fly. Everybody needs to stand up and make some noise to local MPS's and councils to save what will soon be another endangered species.