PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Ag rating
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2015, 03:25
SeaMac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by Gordy
14 CFR 137.19 explains the demonstration you need to complete. Most agricultural operations will have a Chief Pilot who has demonstrated tot he FAA in order to obtain the certificate. He is then responsible for checking you and issuing you a "pilot card" just as we do in Part 133 operations.

I do not know of any schools that teach it these days, and if they did, the sign off is useless as each operator is required to check their own pilots.
Originally Posted by vaqueroaero
The other requirement will be the exams required by the individual state. I'm in Texas so took written exams for general regulations pertaining to pesticides, an exam for aerial application and another for an area of specialty, such as range and pastureland or field crops or something like that. I hold a commercial aerial applicator licence from Texas Department of Agriculture.
If you don't have these exams you can work under the direct supervision of the company you are working for, although most companies will require you to have them.
Many of these exams reciprocate from state to state, so you will probably only have to take them once.
I don't know of any schools that specifically teach aerial application in helicopters.