PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline pilots 'buckling under unacceptable pressures'?
Old 19th May 2015, 21:29
BARKINGMAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone tried sending the link to this thread to their elected representative, if you live in a 'democracy', and if so what was their
response? I'm not expecting a British MP for example, to read it all, but
the UK taxpayers are paying their expenses to employ researchers/assistants, so failure to get some sort of informed response makes them as guilty as tthe corporate sharks.

How many of you have checked if your representative actually voted, and which way, on the topic of FTLs? I did with my UK MP and found out he had failed to vote, though his 'patch' includes London Gatwick airport and surroundings. When I challenged him with this, I received the usual waffle that the govt had found nothing of concern with the new proposed EASA rules and therefore everything was good and proper.

I will be e-mailing him with the link to this thread, but I don't hold much hope for a sympathetic reply, as he is a governing party whip and therefore has to toe the party line. However, if all pilots concerned with the deteriorating working conditions hassled their elected reps with
this issue, it may provoke some sort of reaction?