PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2015, 20:38
1-11days

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to add to comments on passport control. I arrived back on EK019 on Saturday evening. Flight was reasonably full downstairs. The queue for EU residents at the manned desks peaked at circa 60 people. Having worked out eventually that my passport was chipped, no one tasked to offer guidance at T1 unlike T3 but a couple of staff by the e gates to ask once you got to the front of the queue. The T3 approach of guiding people to e gates where possible sounds like excellent use of staff and I'd already thought the same should have been done at T1. That said from touching down at 19:35 I was still in the car by 20:15 - so not bad at all considering I was pretty much at the back of the plane.

Experience at Dubai was a bit of a contrast - flight from Dar Es Salaam involved a 10 minute taxi to a remote stand and a 30 minute bus journey to the terminal, so give me Manchester any day!

PS Just to add to the thanks to Shed for the time spent on putting together an excellent analysis of Ryanair - very interesting read which gives a clear insight into how upgrading the 3 T3 stands mentioned would likely produce a very decent return on investment.