PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin...any recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2015, 15:03
AFA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheezyjetty,

Yep fair enough but my post wasn't directed at you. It was to counter the outdated view that if you're ex mil and preferably pointy jet you are somehow fast tracked into VS.

It is all about the ratings you hold and what they require. Unlike previously where the company was run like a flying club it's now on its way to being operated like an actual business and they're being ruthless throughout the company regards to costs.
What that means to potential pilots is, if they require A330 pilots and you hold a A330 rating you're getting first shot above non rated, ex mil or whatever.
If they don't get enough rated applicants that are also suitable at interview they'll open it up until they get the numbers.
I'm not saying that they haven't left A320/B737 pilots swimming whilst rating military guys on the 744 - I'm merely suggesting that it will be because it's the most cost efficient way of recruiting for future requirements rather than because of favouritism or a 'civilian freeze'.
Flight Ops simply can't justify doing it any other way these days.

I'm just a line captain but given recent crewing issues I'd have thought that A320 guys would stand a very good chance next time around.

Last edited by AFA; 19th May 2015 at 18:05.