PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eva Air, Taiwan
Thread: Eva Air, Taiwan
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2015, 13:17
JTF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody have any info on scheduling? I spoke with a local EVA FO about a year ago and he said he was getting very good scheduling with 10 days off per month. I'm hoping the question/ answer got messed up in poor translation and that there is more time off than that. Anybody care to share what is realistic for days off per month? My wife is Taiwanese and I've lived in Taiwan before and enjoyed it. However, I'm not going for it and leaving my current job to be away from my family that much more than I already am.

Are all the pilots put on the National health care system for health insurance, or is there some other deal for that?

Can anybody tell me how much the housing allowance is for those that wish to live there with their family?

Are their any openings for foreign pilots out of KHH?

Are there any rules about commuting (inner island) like having to live within a certain distance from TPE or KHH? I'd prefer to live in the south and take the high speed train up to Taoyuan if I couldn't be based in KHH.

I have no idea if I can even get the job so my questions are just things to help me decide if I want to try- I'm not trying to sound like someone who believes they are gods gift to aviation and can work wherever they want. I would simply like some more specific info than I have been able to find. Thanks to anyone with answers.