PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you know how this can happen?
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2015, 09:08
haughtney1

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Keg, I'm not moaning about delays, far from it, such is life in busy airspace, my gripe is the stupendously late notification of such delays, particularly given the amount of time spent in the MEL/BNE FIR etc, its not as if appearing 200nm from destination is a surprise.

Savage 175, that sounds very much like a compliance issue rather than a process or systems issue, but taken a step further, why did the carriers not respect the RTA? was it because it was unmanageable for the aircraft? was it due to the RTA being inaccurate? i.e. get there early and land early, was it because despite the RTA operators had no confidence due to previously mentioned problems and that others not participating didn't experience delays? (just a question, not criticism)
Be all that as it may, what good reason or excuse can be given for such late notification of delays? no one seems to be able to answer this so far, apart from saying its the system...if it is the system, does anyone else think the system in this instance needs a little work?