PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2015, 22:02
Danny42C

kookabat,

Seems to be pretty conclusive now. "My" door must have been a "special" of some kind (it would have been in the centre of the roundel in your pic). The odd thing, as I remember, was that the other members of our "guard" expected that a door would be there, it wasn't a surprise.

ancientaviator62,

Don't they look smart ! But the first thing we did was to dump our "Bombay Bowlers" for something more comfortable. Having said that, must admit that these were more like the smaller and lighter "Babu" type worn by gang foremen, ticket inspectors etc as a badge of authority.

But what on earth have they used on them - Blanco?....D.

Geriaviator,

So it was not your day to die, after all! And you could chalk it up on your personal: "I learned about flying from That" file (which we all lug around in our memories, don't we?)

Best leave it to the professionals, or take an extra day (do the black/green funnels of the Belfast-Liverpool "Irish Boats" still sail?)

A splendid end to a splendid story. Any more? (and Pauline lives!)....D.

Fantome,

A pretty shrewd assessment! In this world of Facebook, Twitter and Lord knows what else, an old adage from my parents' time rings ever more true:

"The Names of Fools are like their Faces -
Always Seen in Public Places !"...D.

Salutations to all, Danny.