PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another runway at Heathrow
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2015, 19:29
Fairdealfrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carolyn MCall was on 5 live earlier this week suggesting a quick decision on airport runways and LHR BUT I thought exactly same as Walnut.

If you plunge your competitor airline into what will be years of utter chaos would you not walk away smiling !
Would imagine that U2's support for LHR has more to do with long term opportunities for the carrier to make money rather than anything that machivellian. Which "competitor airline" are you thinking of? BA? not going to be "years of utter chaos" for it.

the MP for Richmond or whatever has said he'll resign over a third runway at LHR - with a majority of 8 can see that having a lot of traction in No.10

first of the Tory blackmailers - there'll be more of course on all sorts of issues but this si why Dave would have been better with a coalition.................
Not really: he resigns, by-election is held, another Conservative is elected, it’s not exactly a marginal seat, no one will lose any sleep.

Unless he is planning to run as run as an independent.........Call me Dave can even get around that one if he plays it cleverly.

Dave would have been better off with a minority government in 2010, government MPs would not have rocked the boat for fear of being toppled, opposition MPs wouldn’t have attempted to bring down the government for fear of being blamed for a second election. The result: moderation. But it’s history now. In 2015, it doesn't apply.

On Sunday Politics 17/5 two MPs Sadiq Khan (Tooting) standing for Labour Mayor of London and a Cons MP for Wimbledon both clearly said they were against it.
I can see this is going to become a major political issue for the London Mayor race, no one is going to risk losing votes over this so??
Have said this many times, so forgive me for being tedious: funny, isn't it, how the tiny vocal minority always opposes Heathrow expansion from several miles away. This is yet another example, Tooting and Wimbledon are not exactly airport constituencies.