PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOI into the 2012 Tornado Collision over the Moray Firth
Old 18th May 2015, 16:10
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
There is nothing that tucumseh has written here that comes as a surprise. On the contrary, as a follower and occasional contributor to the ever growing lists of UK Military Fatal Air Accident threads that fill this forum, I have been aware of everything he says for years now. Despite all that it comes as a shock to see it so succinctly laid out in one post. This is a shocking indictment of a country that was once the standard from which others took their cue and strove to emulate.

If this were merely about financial misappropriation or political corruption then no doubt many would merely shrug their shoulders and say, "Yeah, well, what can you do?". Can anyone here deny that they know now how deeply flawed is UK Military Air Safety, and how many lives its dysfunctional condition has cost, never mind the vast sums of public money squandered? How can it be left to a very few individuals to tackle a monumental scandal that shames us all, and in particular the good name of the Royal Air Force?

I suggest that everyone should look not at this from afar, but inwardly to themselves and ask not, "What can you do?", but rather, "What can I do?". Every effort made to support the fight to reform UK Military Air Safety undermines those forces that actively strive to prevent that ever happening.