PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To post or not to post that is the Question
Old 18th May 2015, 14:42
middleground

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Courtney Mil,

I am not sensitive at all about this and no one thread was/is responsible for this one.

It just made sense to debate the pros and cons of posts and request, in one thread as oppose to having the same discussion in every thread about what is or is not appropriate.

Common sense has a lot going for it, but in some cases it can still be missing from individuals......

Clockworks Mouses post (albeit tongue wedged firmly in cheek) does typify the normality to which responses are given. Often with sarcasm and condescending tones.

The reality is that, there should really be no need to ask for respect or certain topics to not be discussed. As human beings we should be tolerant, respectful and curious to others, even if our opinions differ. We should also not be offended when people voice their difference of opinions.

The Glen Ogle Thread was typical of a politer request being made (post No16), yet all this did was highlight something that was not mentioned in the previous 15 posts. It then gained more attention that likely would have if not mentioned.

All other points are well made and valid in my eyes. I am not easily offended and accept sometime villages are missing idiots and that they have PPrune accounts