PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2015, 13:46
EMB-145LR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations to everyone that made it this far. I recently passed the DEP Selection for BA and just wanted to offer some reassurance. I came out of each of the three stages of selection (albeit a little different from the FPP process) convinced that I hadn't been able to display all I had to offer and anticipating a rejection email. To have made it this far is a huge achievement. BA want you to succeed, there are places for all of you if you meet the standard, and I'm sure the vast majority have.

I was nearly in tears on my way home after my interview at BA (not very becoming for a man in his late twenties!). I had practiced so much and had prepared all of my answers using the STAR format, knowing exactly what I wanted to convey. Of course none of the questions I thought I'd be asked came up. I felt as if I hadn't been able to do myself justice in showing my passion for my career and BA. I was convinced it was game over. However, two days later I got the nod to progress to the simulator at stage three.

We all have preconceptions of how we think the perfect interview will go, but in reality there is no perfect interview. As long as you stayed focused, didn't ramble and continued to be positive and concise, I'm sure you've done enough.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for all of you. Congratulations again!