PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More resignations at easyJet...
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2003, 04:39
Fly Star

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading this thread I really wonder what people have in their mind!!!

It looks like some of the most violent comments, come from people working for EZ. What do they think they are achieving by writing so much things about their own company???
Let's imagine that EZ is really in trouble... Then talking about that on a public forum is not going to make thing better, is it? If anything, it can make things worth so what is the point?

I joined EZ a few months ago and I am quiet happy. Of course it is not perfect, but with the current state of the airline industry it is not that bad!!!
The salaries for FD are good, and I have no shame to say so. Is it the so called disruptions that are we talking about? Being called of a STBY, or getting a roster change? If you don't like it, I think the airline insustry is not for you. Get a 9 to 5 job then...

Cabin crew badly paid? I saw the payslip of a new CA, it was the same take home I was getting as an FO with one of the british regional operator. One purser told me that having worked for Air2000 and Airtours, she loved easyJet because of the reduced service on board which was a lot easier than handing out 220 meals and drink every flight. And the money, she said was good.

About the shortage of cabin crew EZ is far from being the only company concerned. As everybody knows, the DoT has issued new regulations making the issuing of RZ pass a lot more difficult (5 years reference required). It is a major problem for every airline. I know that 50 new CA in LGW were waiting for a pass for weeks not so long ago. Today, I flew with a CA which was ready for Line training in march and started flying last week on a provisional pass. I heard that Excel had the same problems... So before people talk about, EZ being so bad and so on, maybe a more accurate overview would be usefull.

Not everybody is unhappy in EZ. I agree that the company is going through a bad patch, with a lot to take in in a short time : merger, new aircraft arriving, DoT new regulation, ageing fleet (737-300) going tech, strikes in France...etc

With the way the network of EZ is setup, it was heavily affected by strikes in France with heavy delays. The fuel strike in BCN and MAD didn't help. As EZ network is very strong towards Spain, and overflying France, then bad delays occured in the last few weeks, WHICH HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE AIRLINE.
And of course when there is delay, there is disruption for crews because people go out of hours and so on... So please, stop a bit the unconstructive slag off.

I am happy with EZ, I am concerned about the future, but I think it is better for people to be focused and instead of constant whinge, get on with it!!!!!!!!