PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expired ATPL exams
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2015, 11:56
richiej053

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Expired ATPL exams

Just wanted to give abit of advice to people who may have been in a similar situation as me.

I did my ATPL exams in 2008 but didn't manage to complete my IR and my ATPL exams expired.

I found it very difficult trying to find out what i needed to do, after several emails to the CAA, i found out that i didn't need to complete the whole course again (no classroom study required), i just had to re-take the exams.

Now here is the problem, the CAA say i don't need to complete any further training, or classroom study but i need to go thought a school to be put forward for the exams.

Every school i phoned said i need to signup for a new course at a cost of ££££,
until i phoned Bristol Ground school, they where very understanding and we came to an agreement so that i didn't have to pay for a new course, instead i paid a small fee for access to there question bank, an they registered my as a student, and just left me alone to get on with the exams.

I have just re-taken all 14 exams again, in 2 sitting, been honest i didn't find them too difficult, there is some new content compared to the last time i did them, and i am actually happy i did re-take them as i had forgotten alot of stuff that i will need for my IR and it was a nice re-fresher.

If when you did your ATPL's you learnt the content properly and you didn't just leaned the questions from the question bank, you wont find it difficult at all to re-take them.

I hope this help people who might be in a similar situation as me, not not sure what to do.