PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2015, 00:47
Danny42C

The Door that Never Was.

Fantome (your #7042),

Now we have released a charming stream of lyricism into the mix (what next on this wonderful Thread ?) Holed up in my fastness, I rest content. I always was Kipling's Cat Who Walked by Himself, and All places were Alike to Him.

And you will remember the obitur dicta of a learned Judge (when questioned as to why he had embarked on a legal career): "Well, we must all of us be somewhere, and I might as well be here"

Je'y suis, je'y reste...D.

ricardian,

Bingo! So it is possible to have a side door in a Wimpy. But mine was on the port side, and lower down, so you didn't need a ladder.

So "Sister Anna" (did she Carry the Banner?) was a Mk.X. The plot thickens (could they all have been one-off jobs for a particular purpose, and it was just our luck to find this one at Hawarden that night?)

(Your link) raises the possibility of a Mk.XV or XVI....D.

Fantome (your #7044),

Recalls Noel Coward's "Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the Midday Sun!"

Actually, your Cap SD was just as good, but the Anzac "Bush Hat" was lighter and could screw up into any corner of the cockpit.....D.

Now we are all agog to learn Pauline's fate (can she hold on by her fingertips long enough ?) Come in, Geriaviator !,

Danny.