PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2015, 23:16
JDA2012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right, now that all of the interviews are out of the way...

First off, good luck to all those still in the game. By passing all of the previous tests, every one of you has shown you have the aptitude and potential to do this - in some ways, that makes holding the final interviews in isolation a bit of an oddity...

As we were told on the day, all of the black and white, yes/no assessment is done and dusted, and hopefully we've all passed the interview "sanity check" to ensure that we are a fit for the BA culture and lifestyle. Having already passed one interview along much the same lines, you would hope that this would be the case.

That said, it's best not to assume, and I'm going to say now that I wasn't at all happy with my interview performance, and I just don't think that I did enough, or to some extent that the particular questions which came my way allowed me best to demonstrate the sheer passion and devotion which I have put into preparing for this process over the last 12 months and beyond.

Them, as they say, is the breaks - perhaps I'm overly critical as I thought I'd messed up the previous assessment as well and that went OK! I was (somewhat sadly) saving my 100th post for the good news on Wednesday but I wouldn't want to assume, so I'll instead use it to wish you all well. I feel better getting back into the chat anyway, what a great bunch of people you are

I have wanted to fly for a very long time, but I made some questionable decisions in my youth that lead me away from that path; a path which I now find myself longing desperately to re-join. As such, I really respect those of you that have the strength of mind and the drive to pursue your dream whole-heartedly from the get-go.

I do believe that the whole process (including failure last year) has made me a much better person and allowed me to grow. I am sure that I will be able to do the same for next year if it comes down to it, but I am trying not to think about that at present as the price of a second failure will be high - I have perhaps put a little too much of myself into this, as I am sure have we all!

Anyway, to Wednesday - may it bring you good news. For myself, even with the above doubts I am still keeping the faith - it ain't over 'til it's over!

Last edited by JDA2012; 18th May 2015 at 08:48. Reason: Edit: slept on it and cheered up, thank you all :)